Friday, May 15, 2009

8 Months Already.....




What a special day....I honostly don't think I ever new how much I would love being a mom. So much that I really don't think I deserve a day like this. It really makes me realize how blessed I am....a beautiful family with a daughter that makes me smile more than anything, parents that love me unconditionally, a husband that is seriously the sweetest man I have ever met, and brothers, sisters, mom and dad in laws that I could not not have hand picked any better. Wow, what an incredible life. On this Mother's Day, I am even more grateful for my mom....she always puts me before herself and I now know why she worries about me so much. Thanks mom and thanks Denice for making such a difference in my life.

We spent the weekend in Kansas City....just a fun get a way, a little shopping, lots of eating, some walking, and some golf. We stayed right on the plaza and Rich's mom drove up on Sunday after noon to watch Sallie on Monday while I caddied for Rich. I must say, I thought I would be a little rusty, but I must have done okay, b/c he went and won the whole thing, woohoo! The weather was beautiful and it was a perfect Mother's Day....complete with McDonald's in bed (what more could you ask for). Sallie and I got to do a little mom/daughter shopping on the Plaza and found some really cute things.

Thanks Rich for making the weekend so special.





8 comments:

Amanda Whittaker said...

That smile is so perfect. I am so thankful you guys are in our life and even more thankful you had such a wonderful first Mothers Day! We are so blessed! Love you!

tinmantonlove said...

awww! lovin' you all so much...wishin' you you all were closer! give baby sallie a big smoochie from aunt dee-dah pronto! she is an absolute doll! and, of course, i love you both too! kiss each other, would ya? precious family...no question (as coleman would say)!

Jennifer said...

Those might be the CUTEST pictures ever! I just want to squeeze her!Brody is sitting with me and he keeps touching the screen trying to get Sallie! It's really funny!

Yay for Rich winning! I'm sure you are the best caddy ever!:)

jen hinz said...

oh my! I could just eat her up...so adorable! we are so happy for the wonderful weekend you all had last week and look forward to many more just like that! love you more than you know and hope to see you all soon so i can kiss those sweet little cheeks!

The Rubinson Clan said...

Sally is just beautiful!! Isn't motherhood the best!! I wish we were closer so our girls could play together. :( Glad to see everyone is doing well!

trixie said...

Beautiful pictures. She may even look like her mama in one.
Love you all.

Anonymous said...

big smoochie from aunt dee-dah pronto! she is an absolute doll! and, of course, i love you both too! kiss each other, would ya? precious family...no question (as coleman would say)!

The Cowart Family said...

Love the new pics; they are precious! I can't believe she's already 8 months old. Time just flys by too fast.