Tuesday, June 15, 2010

being a flower girl




We were thrilled to be a part of Erin and Derek's special day. We drove down to Arkadelphia on Friday and made it just in time for the Razorback themed rehearsal and dinner. Sallie didn't sleep much on the way down and you could definitely tell she was tired by the way she rehearsed. Running around, not wanting me to leave her by herself, hiding underneath the pews, throwing her juice cup......I was really starting to get worried. I can hear the wedding coordinator now: "they are just not going to do it" they meaning Sallie and the other little girl that were to walk down the aisle. Well, of course that was all I needed to make sure she did it.......and, she DID!! I was so proud of her the next day. I was at the front of the church and Rich got her started in the back. She took a few steps, smiled, and waved a few times carrying her basket of flowers and then saw GG. after giving GGa big hug, she continued on to the front of the church where the two little flower girls and the ring bearer just stood looking around like "well, we are down here now so what do we do next". I couldn't believe it, I was so proud! She followed me out the back door of the church where I had the cookies, fruit snacks, suckers, and chocolate all waiting for her as I promised. I don't know what I was so nervous about, she did great. I was so hard on my Mom making sure she went to bed early, napped long, and didn't do anything that would make her really tired, when all along, Sallie had planned on doing just what she was told. It really was neat being a part of such a special day.....watching Sallie walk down the aisle of the Church I spent my childhood in and the very one where Rich and I said "I Do". Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Moore!


No comments: