Wednesday, March 10, 2010

18 Months Old

leaving the appointment, after all four shots

I seriously can't believe I am writing a post about our baby girl's 18th month check up. Time has flown by and Sallie is turning into such a sweet little girl. She is so much fun! She is starting to have her own personality and makes us smile so much. She talks and talks and talks, and sometimes I can even figure out what she is saying. She will repeat things I say to her and it is so funny to see what she comes up with. I don't know that I have counted all of the words she can say now but here are some of her favorites: dada, mama, papa, pap, gg, mimi, micktey (mickey), minnie, donal duck, shuz (shoes), socks, dowg, sowy (sorry), juice, wawa, by by, tatu (thank you), melmo (elmo), cheeze, banana, weee, uhoh, oopsie, tar (car), buckle(plain as day), men (amen).....and we can't forget about all of her friends that she plays with every day.....meery (mary), nana(hanah), b (for brooklyn), wiwi (for whitley), matt (mathew), and xanra (alexandra). She really loves going to Mary's Monday through Thursday and especially loves playing with all of her buddies.


The things at 18 months that amaze me:
  • You point to pages in a book and if they are an older lady, you say mama and if it is a man, you say dada.
  • You grab my hand at the dinner table and bow your head for us to say the blessing.....sometimes we have to say it two or three times.
  • You use your step stool in your bathroom to brush your teeth.
  • When I change your diaper in the living room, you take your wipes box back to the basket in our bedroom.
  • You like to swing your little people in their swing and say weee!
  • You get into the refrigerator and pull out a juice box, take it in the living room and sit down in front of the tv. You can get the straw out of the plastic and even put it into juice box.....thats when you make a mess, but that's okay.
  • You hide behind the curtains and say "sawie" because you want us to come find you.
  • You crack up laughing every morning when mom or dad comes up to get you out of your crib and you fall back down in the crib and lay there being silly.
  • You can open the cabinets underneath the sink even though they are secured with child safety locks.......you figured out really quick that you don' t like windex in your eyes, ouch...poor baby.
  • You like to blow your nose with a tissue, but only when you want to. :-)
  • You can slide down your slide all by yourself.
  • You know the exact button on the remote that turns on the t.v.
  • You can take your shoes on and off
  • When I say "this little piggy, what did this little piggy went", you say wewewewe.
  • You will sit in your chair for time out until I come to get you down.
  • You smile so much and you make mommy and daddy's heart's melt!
14 teethers, working on two more!


eating at our favorite restaurant these days, taco bueno.

1 comment:

Ryan and Sarah said...

She is growing up too fast!