Wednesday, September 08, 2010

MOPS

I am so thankful to have a flexible job that allows me to stay at home with Sallie one day a week. I am able to work from home every Wednesday and luckily this has also given me an opportunity to join a group just for mom's. I had heard from several people how much they loved their MOPS group and I have been so excited to get started.

We met this Wednesday at First Baptist Springdale and it was such a great kickoff for the year. We were graced with the presence of Michelle Duggar. She is the star mom of the TLC show 19 and counting. She has 19 children and is so calm. She is such a positive role model and follower of Christ. We arrived early (thankfully I rode with Sarah G or else I would not have been) and got to visit with her and snap a few pics......she is such an inspiration. She spoke to the group giving as much advice as she could in the hour that we had. She really has made me think about being a better mom and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to meet her. Not planning on following in her footsteps with the 19 children, but hopefully I can use some of her parenting skills to raise sweet, god loving children.

Here are a few pictures of our morning.

myself, sarah, michelle duggar, heather, and amycamera crew and everything....we even had to sign a waiver to be in the show

sweet baby payne....gosh, he was so good the entire time, such a sweetie!

here we are with three of the oldest duggar girls

No comments: