Friday, March 04, 2011

Celebrity

One of my most favorite pictures.......Richie V and his daddy


We are completely overwhelmed with all of the love and support we have received over the past four weeks. Really, I don't even know how to explain the prayers we have honestly felt and the kindness we have been shown. Rich said it exactly right at baby Richie's service.........This must be God.

I went to lunch with a great friend yesterday and I was explaining to her that amidst the tragedy, we have seen so much good and have been so comforted. That people I barely even know will come up to me and say "you are Renee, right?" She said jokingly, "well you are a celebrity right now". We laughed and then continued on to something else enjoying our lunch and conversation. (Thanks akj)
Later that night I thought about what she had said.....And she was right, I really did feel like a celebrity. Not necessarily one of those that walks the red carpet and has a bunch of random people screaming at them. But a celebrity that hears and sees people and faces that they know and love cheering for them, praying for them and shouting words of wisdom and encouragement. I mean these people are ones that we see every day and others that we haven't talked to in years. And while some of them may be miles away, we feel so close to them again. I have never felt anything like it. It is amazing! And while I never thought I would be a celebrity, I sure feel like one! And I am so thankful for that. You know, I never realized this, but when you experience a loss, you sorta want the entire world to stop for a while. There are so many people that did stop their lives for us, we are abundantly blessed.

our boy's sweet hand

We are so thankful for everyone that has reached out to us during this time. Please know we appreciate every single email, text, card, phone call, message, post, meal, flower, and prayer. Thank you for wrapping your arms around us during this time, we have truly felt loved.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

You inspire many, Renee. Your faith and strength are a testament to you and your families faith.
Love to you all!

The Cowart Family said...

Renee, Richie’s pictures are beautiful! Your strength and trust in the Lord is amazing and inspiring to me. Please know we are still praying daily for you and your entire family.