Tuesday, March 08, 2011

i'm gonna let it shine

I never imagined how I would be when experiencing a loss, but if I had to guess I would be quiet, hold in my feelings, and keep to myself. This is what I seem to do when I am worried or upset. However, these past weeks have been the exact opposite for me. I seem to be more open than ever, sharing feelings I never knew I had. I am not exactly sure why this seems to be my reaction but I am so thankful it is.

As I have said before, our sweet boy has changed our lives forever. He has taught me so much and one of them is to never ever be afraid to share with others what carries me through day by day. He has taught me to be laugh (even more than normal), love, forgive, and to be aware of those around me. He has taught me that the love of Christ is real and amazing! So, for you baby Richie.....I'm gonna let it shine.

This photo was taken with my phone and may be difficult to see but I still love it. Rich's cousin Sarah mailed us this beautiful cross to place with our sweet boy. It is solar powered and is charged by the sun during the day and shines bright during the night. It is so beautiful and I love driving by the cemetery in the evenings to remind myself that even in the darkest of nights, God's love shines bright. So no matter how sad I am, my heart smiles.

Thank you Sarah for your beautiful gift that I never even knew existed....I mean, I even had to do a spell check and correct my spelling of the word cemetery. (I had never even thought of these things before now)



2 comments:

jessica said...

i LOVE your post! and you are so right girl! it's hard to imagine how we would react after loosing someone so special to us. how we would even begin to handle the pain. but GOD is so good and i believe we see this more and more in our darkest moments. when we have to TOTALLY rely on HIM. i am so glad you are able to talk about and share Richie with us. he has changed us as well. and i know i am not alone when i tell you we LOVE hearing about him and how he has had and will continue to have an impact on your life. some of us can have huge everlasting impacts in such a short time...while others will spend a lifetime on earth trying to make such a mark. and i praise our Father for allowing our little ones to do just that in such a short time. how precious they are in our eyes, but also in our Fathers. love you!

Charlotte said...

Love the cross!

More amazed by you everyday.