"happy birthday to you"
I honestly can't believe that a year ago on August 24th, our little bundle of love was born and our lives were forever changed. Sallie has brought us so much happiness and I really don't think I have ever smiled so much in my life.....even at 3 in the morning. Our Friday nights are so much different than before, we don't get much sleep, I don't look at myself in the mirror anymore because I am constantly making faces at Sallie instead, I walk around with sweet potatoes on my pant leg, and I could not be any happier.
A year has flown by.....with new milestones being met daily, each day has been so exciting! Sallie was born at 2:47pm on this day. It is a day I will always remember because it is the day that my heart was filled with a love I can't seem to describe but one that is overflowing. Thank you Sallie for being such a joy!
Sallie woke to us serenading her with the "happy birthday" tune and then some fun downstairs on her new slide......she really likes to climb up the slide and then slide down on her tummy, so cute! She played with her friends throughout the morning at Mary's, her daddy picked her up around noon, they stopped by and gave me some love while I was at work, and then they headed home for a nap to get ready for our big outing! After Sallie napped, she got to open a few more presents and then we were off to Chick fil a for some birthday chicken and playtime in the jungle gym. She had so much fun eating chicken for the first time, playing with her pink balloon, and climbing up and down the stairs in the play area. We then headed home for "cake" time! She loved her b-day cake from Ricks and really dug in, she wanted to get a little practice before her party and she did great! Red icing from head to toe led us straight to the shower. This was Sallie's first time to take a shower all by herself. She just sat in the floor of the shower and played with the shampoo bottles loving every minute of it. She had such a big day. Turning the big "1" was so much fun! (at least I think that is what she would say if she could talk)
Sallie is also right on schedule, that one year molar decided to pop through on her exact 1 year birthday, what a treat for mom and dad! (poor thing had a little trouble sleeping)
It was such a super day filled with laughs, smiles, love, and of course cake!! We love you Sallie Wallie!
A year has flown by.....with new milestones being met daily, each day has been so exciting! Sallie was born at 2:47pm on this day. It is a day I will always remember because it is the day that my heart was filled with a love I can't seem to describe but one that is overflowing. Thank you Sallie for being such a joy!
Sallie woke to us serenading her with the "happy birthday" tune and then some fun downstairs on her new slide......she really likes to climb up the slide and then slide down on her tummy, so cute! She played with her friends throughout the morning at Mary's, her daddy picked her up around noon, they stopped by and gave me some love while I was at work, and then they headed home for a nap to get ready for our big outing! After Sallie napped, she got to open a few more presents and then we were off to Chick fil a for some birthday chicken and playtime in the jungle gym. She had so much fun eating chicken for the first time, playing with her pink balloon, and climbing up and down the stairs in the play area. We then headed home for "cake" time! She loved her b-day cake from Ricks and really dug in, she wanted to get a little practice before her party and she did great! Red icing from head to toe led us straight to the shower. This was Sallie's first time to take a shower all by herself. She just sat in the floor of the shower and played with the shampoo bottles loving every minute of it. She had such a big day. Turning the big "1" was so much fun! (at least I think that is what she would say if she could talk)
Sallie is also right on schedule, that one year molar decided to pop through on her exact 1 year birthday, what a treat for mom and dad! (poor thing had a little trouble sleeping)
It was such a super day filled with laughs, smiles, love, and of course cake!! We love you Sallie Wallie!
3 comments:
Thanks for adding the pics of her sweet Sallie girl's birthday!! Sorry I couldn't come on Saturday but thanks for inviting me! See you soon!! :)
I can't believe that she is one!!! It doesn't seem possible!! Let's go backwards for a year.
Sallie, we hope you had a wonderful 1st birthday!
Post a Comment